Im LoViNg iT

Wine comes in at the mouth, And love comes in at the eye; That's all that we will know for truth, Before we grow old and die. I lift the glass to my mouth, I look at you and I sigh. --- William Butler Yeats

Thursday, November 23, 2006

UK trip - Part 1- Newcastle Upon Tyne

I reached Heathrow International Airport at around 6.00pm 17th October 2006. My journey beyond my dreams came to a start. We took the tube from Heathrow and headed to King's Cross station to go to Newcastle by train. While waiting for our train, we had our first meal in England in an Indian Restaurant.


Thats me, trying to convince myself im halfway around the world.


The Indian Restaurant. They had like a minimum charge for a person, like each person has to at least dine above 7 pounds or so. But they made an exception for us. After dinner, we took a 4 hour train ride to Newcastle, and reached about 2am in the morning. Someina, my roommate for the next 2 weeks, was waiting up for me. Am i glad to see her!! i havent seen her in ages! and as always she looks just as pretty. :)



We went around town the next few days, checking out cool buildings and shopping complexes.



Thats me and Someina.


The famous St.James Park for the Newcaslte United, you can hear the crowd in the stadium when they are having a match!


Europe is full of street performances, this is one of them that i find really memorable, they were dressed as red indians,singing native red indian songs, smilling to people as they sing.


Then that is the University of Newcastle. That is their Student Union building, there are a few cafes and shops in there, and the food is tasty and cheap!!



On the 3rd day in Newcastle, i packed my rugsack and took a train to Edinburgh, Scotland.

.....to be continued




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home